What Is MarCom Academy SIGs Objective
Marketing and Communication Academy (MarCom Academy) has been and will continue to be dedicated to representing and developing the community of academic researchers and professional practitioners. MarCom Academy SIGs encourage debate in disciplines from both theoretical and practice based perspectives. Through reporting and disseminating the latest thinking, the SIGs seek to develop the level of knowledge and clarity of understanding applied to a broad cross-section of activities whilst generating future themes of enquiry, collaborative research projects that can then be easily transformed to consultation and practical template applications for businesses and policy makers.
- Act as a forum to shape the debate around contemporary issues, where issues, ideas and research can be discussed and disseminated.
- To present the latest research and business practice.
- To facilitate the exchange of ideas and develop new knowledge.
- To bring together specialists across various disciplines.
- To provide opportunity for students, academic researchers, managers and policy makers to present their ideas and develop their knowledge.
- To help to develop and set down priority themes for researchers, practitioners, and policy makers.
- To create an avenue for publications, workshop, training, symposium, and future conferences.
- To enable networking.
The Doctoral Symposium
MarCom Academy Doctorial Symposium is extremely popular for students, academics and professional researchers with our annual conference and journal event.
Researchers in initial stage could chose to participate in four sessions, Preparing for the Viva, Data Analysis, Case Study Research and Systematic Literature, as well as a plenary which considered issues relating to getting published in top quality journals. Alongside these sessions, researchers also would have the opportunity of registering to participate in the ‘research conversations’ (one-on-one) during which they could discuss their research proposals with, and receive detailed feedback from, a senior academic or business experts.
Directors of Research Network:
Through MarCom Academy clients and professional members, the main aim of the Network is to foster community and collaboration among Directors of Research in the UK and Middle East by creating an environment where Research Directors can seek help and support from each other. While there is a strong focus on supporting existing Research Directors there is also clear commitment to the development of those wishing to become Research Directors.
The Annual Conference provides the opportunity to present your research, business case study, either complete or in its development stages, and to receive feedback from peers and senior professionals and academics in a personal and inclusive environment.